European Academy of Optometry and Optics (EAOO)
The Academy is a membership organisation that provides a much needed voice to help advance optometry and optics, develop the scientific knowledge base and support and promote lifelong learning for optometrists,
opticians, vision scientists and all those involved in eye health care across Europe.
The Academy’s strategic aims are to:
• develop scientific knowledge of optometry and optics
• advance and promote education into optometry and optics and related subjects
• advance and promote research into optometry and optics and related subjects
• promote for the public benefit the science and practice of optometry and optics
• promote for the public benefit the professional competence and conduct of Academy members.
The Academy was launched in Lausanne, Switzerland in May 2009, at the Spring Meeting of the European Council of Optometry and Optics (ECOO). The Academy’ secretariat is hosted by the College of Optometrists, London, United Kingdom.
Address: 42 Craven Street, London, WC2N 5NG, United Kingdom
The Polish Optometry Association (PTOO), the local organizer of EAOO in Poland, is a membership organization that has been operating since 1994. Its aims are, among others, the continuous improvement of professional qualifications of Polish optometrists and opticians, developing standards and spreading professional ethics among specialists in Poland. PTOO is also a member of the European Council of Optometry and Optics.
Address: ul. Warszawska 98A, 61-047 Poznań